Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The First (real) Post

So, this is my first (real) post from Guatemala. And you got some text and some videos.

Until today I was in a house with 5 other students. But 3 have left for a different house as of this afternoon. Apparently, their school (which is a different school than the one I'm in) had to rearrange some things. I'll write more about my family here later.

At my school it's a 1:1 student-teacher ratio. Most of the people I've met are with a group. For instance, right now there's a large group of students from the University of the Pacific. Next week (I've been told), apparently another group will be coming in from a different school.

So, one thing I wanted to do with this blog is make some videos--in addition to photos--with my D90. The two videos below are my first attempts.

I shot the first video inside my classroom. It's the first video I've made since 9th grade. (My 9th grade video was probably better. Sorry about the quality, but a lot of data was lost in the transfer onto the blogger site.)


The second video is a short tour of the backyard of my school. The small red rooms you see are classrooms.



2 comments:

  1. ¡Hola, gringo! ¡Que linda escuela! ¡Cuidado con los animales! :)

    Hey, my cousin's middle name is "Yaxkin," which I think is Mayan for "first son." That's interesting that they don't allow photography. I wonder if that explains why my family is bad at remembering to take pictures of anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The school looks gorgeous, and your videos have great quality. Hope you're having a good time, despite the warmth!

    ReplyDelete