Sunday, May 31, 2009

Capuchin Church and Convent

Capuchin Church and Convent:

This dates to the early 18th century. When I can find more history on it, I'll update the post. But for now, please enjoy the photos and video.

This is a shot from the outside some sort of structure. The grounds are very lush. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what you're looking at. There wasn't much historical information provided at the site.



This is a shot from the inside of the church. Given it's age, it's tremendously well preserved.











I'm going to go out on a limb and say these are old bathtubs. Again, no information provided. But they look deep enough and the right size for a person.















VIDEO 1: This is inside the structure you see in the first photograph. Legend has it, according to my teacher, that the rooms to which these doorways lead were used solitary prayer as well as penitence. My teacher has also relayed some rather dark history of this particular convent--torture. Nuns who became pregnant were severly punished in these and other rooms.



VIDEO 2: This is the courtyard area.

No comments:

Post a Comment